Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Elaine!

Elaine turned 6 today! It was fun to see her so excited for her birthday. She is such a sweetie. Right now she loves animals, the littler and cuter the better. She loves her baby brother and gives him hugs and kisses before she leaves for school and at bedtime. She looks up to Dallin and loves to teach Taft things, but he can be good at annoying her like no one else. She has a bit of tomboy spirit to her, loves to giggle and be silly, and loves ice cream. She's a great help to Mom. And suprises her teachers at what a fast learner she is. We love our Elaine!

Elaine had a birthday party with her school and church friends today. She invited about as many boys as girls, it was a fun group. The weather was great so we had it all outside. 10 minutes before the party she told me,"Mom, I just can't wait anymore, when are they coming!"

She wanted an animal theme party. So, I made this cake for her with a safari scene. I used brown sugar and sprinkles for the desert oasis effect (It has ice cream inside-yum) She was particular though and wanted a white cake with white frosting--mission accompished!


All were anxious to enjoy a treat!


We played a few animal themed games, one of which was "Pin the tail on the Monkey" It was funny to watch.


Just some shots with her family on her special day. ( My camera has trouble focusing when there is too much yellow, so the pictures of the party with Mom and Dad and brothers didn't work :( as it was outside with the yellow table cloth and yellowish lighting overhead--wierd , I know)

Elaine's brother's were happy to celebrate this special day with her. Fortunately, for Mom's sanity they all had some place to be during the party. :)

7 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Elaine! What a cute cake!

Jenifer said...

Happy Birthday Elaine! What a fun part. I should have had you help me with Sam's cake. The safari cake is darling.

Julie said...

Wow Mel, you make awesome birthday cakes! Sorry I haven't read for a while, I've been sleeping through all my computer time lately :) So it was fun to catch up on what you have been up to!

Ratchfords said...

I can't believe Elaine is 6! I guess when you don't see people for a long time, they stay frozen in your mind the way you last saw them, which for me is Elaine at 2 years old! Happy Birthday!!

sara said...

your cake is a beauty...glad she had a good day...i love how she just couldn't wait any longer!

I was raised in a barn said...

Happy B-day Elaine!! Looks like a fun party and the cake looks and sounds yummy!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Elaine! I am glad that you had such a fun day.