Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Never Say Never!



I think I used that title for a post on becoming a Soccer Mom. I think I've learned my lesson and am going to delete the word 'never' from my vocabulary in discussing plans for my life. I recently joked with friends that I would love for the stork to just drop off a baby, I wouldn't say no to that. But, I could Never see myself pregnant again--mmmhmmm!!! I should've kept my mouth shut Ü

Seriously, I had started giving some baby items away. I walk by this picture of my four kiddos every morning and have thought--'They're great!--I am so Content with my little family". I've been taking some online classes--you know moving on with life. I've been working out at 5 am with a great group of girls and getting in my best shape ever--Go P90X! So, really a baby was not on my mind.
I was in denial for about a month. I have 21 day cycles with an occasional 28 day thrown in, so to be off a bit, no cause for concern. And then I just figured because I've been working out things are a bit off, etc. And then I took an over the counter pregnancy test and later thought--'Well, it was a cheap one, it could be wrong". And then a couple weeks ago the fatigue and nausea started--can't think of any other reason for that-aagh!
Really, I am very excited about a new little baby--boy or girl, it'll be great!! I'm still on the emotional roller coaster of ''How exciting" and Holy crap what have I got myself into?!" Tenative due date between December 9th and 14th. So, there you go, now all family, friends, and neighbors can know at the same time (or at least have the opportunity of doing so). This is the first Kirt and I have said a word about it to anyone. Yes, he's excited, but a bit shell shocked, too.

17 comments:

Serena said...

Ahhhhhhh!!!! Yah, I was skeptical when you were so surely done :) Congrats though! You've had plenty of practice at being great parents, and geez after 4, what's one more? ;) Love ya!

Erin said...

Congratulations! I think you will be a wonderful mother of 5.

Michelle said...

Wow Melody, That is some news. Congratulations!!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I'm so happy for you! And you DO look great! I'm sure the baby won't change that! I bet your kids are very excited! I say I would have the stork bring me a baby too. Hmmm maybe I shouldn't say that anymore!

Lori said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is so awesome! I did not see that one coming. CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you. I'm going to call you right now, hopefully you're not already on the phone..........

Lori ~ LL-K said...

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting!!

Jenifer said...

WOOHOO!!! I love it when other people have babies! When I saw the email and NEWS I just knew this is what it would be! Congratulations! Very exciting!

Dave Watts said...

The P90X sure does amazing things. I'm glad it hasn't made me pregnant. Congrats to you guys.

Amy said...

Yeah! Congratulations.

honeybee said...

That's awesome! I knew everyone wanted to keep up with my five. Alice

Kendra said...

I guess I need to keep my comments about being happy and content with my 3 quiet! :o) Congrats on adding #5! The stork picked a great family to add to!

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

It really is the season whether you want to be or not I guess. Our ward is going to have a huge group of babies all at once. We hope to be joining you very soon. You totally surprised me. Maybe this is why you have been a little late recently. I am very happy for your family.

Lynnette said...

I don't know what else to say but YIKES!! Good Luck and have fun repairing all the baby furniture. Five isn't much different from four just one less seat in the van. CONGRATULATIONS!

Andy and Carissa said...

NICE! I am sure your kids will love baby 5. How exciting and surprising. You and Kirt are great parents.

Julie said...

Congrats, Mel! Wow, 5 :) I'm sure you will be an awesome mom of 5! Wish we could get together someday!

Team Dana said...

Good for you! That darn stork! :)I'm still in the content with four phase. I think I'll stay right here!

I was raised in a barn said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you! You will be awesome with 5 kids! I love being pregnant with so many people :) Yea!!