Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Dallin surprised me with this little snowman he made at school for me and Kirt. It was really one of my favorite presents this Christmas. I get all choked up looking at it knowing the effort he put into it even wrapping and hiding it under the tree--so cute!
We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Just our little family here in Arizona. It was great just hanging out in P.J.s not having anywhere to go. We opened stockings first and then took a break for breakfast and to put Brigham down for a nap. Then the kids went to town on the other gifts. It is so fun to watch them and see what really captures their attention. Taft got a bit carried away and opened a gift of Elaine's (it was a princess set) and says, "Oh wow!"



This was taken Christmas eve as the kids were getting anxious for Santa to come later!

Brigham was quite mellow, I think in awe of all the excitement. The kids loved helping him open his gifts.

Taft was so excited to get his very own scooter to ride on just like his older siblings! Mom and Dad almost forgot about it until an hour before bedtime--oops!

Dallin and Elaine opening their 'big' gifts from Mom and Dad. A transformer for Dallin and a Fur Real tiger that hiccups and burps and purrs for Elaine.

A shot of Christmas morning in action.

Daddy just playing with another of Tafts favorites; a train!

Taft showing Mommy how his new excavator works.







6 comments:

Erin said...

That snowman is so cute. I love the handmade gifts from kids, I love that they get so excited about giving them to you. It is so sweet!

I was raised in a barn said...

That snowman is way cute! Looks like you had a great Christmas!

Ratchfords said...

I was so excited to get your Christmas letter - I thought we'd lost track of you forever! I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! They are so cute! Keep in touch!

Erin

Lori said...

I love that snowman. Jessica and Ashley have both made one from school, and I always love pulling them out of the Christmas decorations to display. Glad you had such a great Christmas.

Julie said...

What a sweet gift! Looks like a fun Christmas, I'm sure it gets funner as the kids can do more stuff.

sara said...

i love those snowmen...if you stay at this school long enough you might end up with a snowman family...so glad you had such a nice Christmas