Friday, January 25, 2008

BookClub

Wednesday night it was my turn to host our book club group. It was a fun night, although I was really nervous to host. My sweet husband understanding how I stress getting the house ready for guests, came home a bit early to help out and got the younger kids in bed and him and Dallin hung out upstairs the rest of the night downloading music to Mp3 players. I think we had about 15 ladies come. The book we read for discussion was Tuesdays with Morrie, which was good. As usual we didn't stay on topic long and discussed things from friendships , Lord's hand in our lives, kids, autism, vaccines, who's pregnant(congrats Atalie), illnesses, shopping, and dogs to name a few. This is just such a great group to be around and am so grateful to have gotten involved when we first moved here; I've made some fun friends and learned a lot. Yeah for bookclub--looking forward to next month!

5 comments:

I was raised in a barn said...

You are a great host and your house looked amazing! I couldn't believe the whole family was upstairs and didn't make a peep-AMAZING! Thanks for having us, it was fun!

Erin said...

I had such a fun time! I think you are a great hostess, the treats were so yummy! Your kids were so quiet, whenever book club is at my house we are constantly intterupted by Jack.

Lori said...

That was fun!! Thanks for hosting!!

sara said...

i am so sad i missed out...i hope to brush shoulders with all you amazing people soon!

Shelly said...

Thanks for hosting! I had a blast at your home! That was very nice of Kurt to come home early! You found a good one!