Friday, July 18, 2008

Fire Station Fun!

On tuesday we went with a group of friends to tour the Gilbert Fire Station. After the tour I concluded that Firemen have it pretty good. They work 10 days a month, have a gourment kitchen, a well equipped workout room, big screen T.V's, leather recliners to watch training videos, own bedroom as they are encouraged to nap to be well rested. Sign me up!!!

Hanging out by the fire truck. The kids enjoyed running around the station, although Taft was surprisingly reserved. Just in absolute awe, I guess as he LOVES anything to do with fire trucks.

Here's those recliners I mentioned. The kids quickly filled up the cozy chairs. Even Briggy recognized the quality resting place and was happy to snuggle up with Elaine.

The fireman pole!
This was the highlight, I think. Dallin and Elaine couldn't wait to see it. Fireman Hans demonstrated going down, but due to liability issues this was as much fun as the kids could have on it.

A fun shot of our group learning the ins and outs of the fire truck.

2 comments:

I was raised in a barn said...

I am sad we missed that part of the day. Looks like you all had a great time. Man, I had no idea firemen had it so good.

STACEY said...

Looks like fun! I haven't been in years!