Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Happy 4th!

We had a fun and relaxing 4th of July. The kids think it's fun wearing their 'flag' t-shirts together. And yes they say 2007--I'm a bargain shopper. Except, today I went to Old Navy to grab some for next year at 50% off and they'd sold out of T's before the 4th--bummer!

For a little afternoon entertainment I got the kids some waterguns. Dallin is obviously having a blast drenching his sister. Since it was 112 degrees out, she dried fast Ü

We invited the Woodard and Linford families over for BBQ dinner and swimming. We had a great time with them just chatting and hanging out. They're fun company and the kiddos all seemed to get along great. We have been blessed to make some neat friends here in Arizona (that includes those of you not pictured here) Ü

After dinner it was refreshing to take a dip in the pool. Although, after the kids got done splashing or rather attacking Erin and me, we were quite drenched. I think I still have water in my ear.

What kind of summer holiday would it be without ice cream! We polished off the night with some treats and while letting the kids run wild Dad's played air hockey and Mom's visited.
This day was definitely an upgrade from last year when we'd barely moved here and just went out to chinese food on the 4th Ü

6 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for inviting us, we had so much fun! I still have water in my ear too.

Amy said...

How fun! Looks like everyone had a great time. Once again, wish we were there.

Jenifer said...

It was such a great night! Thanks again!

I was raised in a barn said...

Looks like you all had a great 4th! I love all the kids in the old Navy shirts- bummer they sold out for next year.

sara said...

ok looks like a blast...i love the picture of all your kids on the couch in their holiday wear.

Lori said...

Gotta love the Old Navy shirts! Looks like it was a great time!