Friday, October 26, 2007

Crafting Bug

I have been in the crafting mood this past week. I think it all started with our enrichment super saturday. I made the neatest blanket all silky on one side and then soft/silky furry on the other. I just love the textures. I also made this beautiful Christ themed picture frame. Then this past week I completed 4 scrapbook pages and made 2 more silky blankets for Christmas gifts. I also squeezed in tidying the house from top to bottom, cleaning out the flower bed and hosing off the back deck and furniture. Brigham just turned 9 months so I know I'm not 'nesting', guess its reverse spring fever as the weather cooled down a bit lately. This is my first time just blogging something random, but I wanted to share pics of my fun blankets--first time using the sewing machine, too! This one is mine. It's hard to tell here but its a soft cream fur and I love the fun patterned fabric. Its fun to cuddle up with--a teddy bear for grown-ups :)
Although it'll be tough to part with I made this dark brown and floral one for my Grandma.

And this 'Hello Kitty' white fur and oh so silky print is for Elaine. I wanted to surprise her, but had her pick out the fabric at the store she liked. Then I went back later that night to get it. Normally, she is out cold by 8pm at night. Of course, thursday when I was downstairs pinning it together at 9:30pm she comes down for a drink. She never does that and she'd been in bed silent for over an hour! I was so disappointed she caught a glimpse as I wanted it to be a huge suprise on Christmas. Although, she hasn't said anything about it since, so maybe she thought it was all a dream--agh!



3 comments:

Erin said...

Cute blankets! They were fun to make weren't they. Love the craftiness!

Tiffany said...

How fun!! I didn't do that for super saturday, but wished I had... where did you get the fabric to get more?? Who taught that class anyway?... I'll have to get you to show me how to make one! ...And great job!!

Lori said...

I'm sad I missed the super saturday. The blankets were something I wanted to try, oh well. Yours looked like they turned out so cute!!! Way to go.