Sunday, May 4, 2008

Girls Weekend

This weekend I went to Flagstaff with some friends for a Women's retreat. Our Relief Society president, Tina has a cabin there and hosted all of us. I rode up with Lori, and Jen and Erin(who joined us on the return trip). It was so nice to get away and be surrounded by pine trees and cooler weather and fun friends. I haven't been without kids by myself overnight in about 8 years. We just laughed and ate and laughed and made little baby hats for humanitarian center and stayed up until 3:00 am, which is probably why we laughed so much as everything is funny when you've had enough sugar and are sleep deprived :) On the way home we went to the outlets in Anthem to shop and have lunch and then to a Boutique for more shopping. Among other things I bought a Family Home Evening board and the lady was asking names to put on the tags for the jobs and I start to give my first name and Kirt's and she asks"wouldn't you rather have it say Mom and Dad?" Oh, yah I hadn't been called Mom in over 24 hours, just Melody , sort of forgot for a second. It was refreshing to return home and Kirt was Super Dad. All was in order and he took the kids to swim lesson and even squeezed in donating blood(no pun intended). He jokingly commented it wasn't hard at all, I don't know why you get frustrated. I'm thinking great I should go away more often. Any takers? :)

Just hanging out!


Traveiling buddies, Jen, Erin, Lori and Me.

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

I had so much fun! The weekend was perfect. And just think, if it is so easy for Kirt, we can do it more often!

Lori said...

How nice to come home to a house in order. Dave is the same way. Always has things taken care of when I get home. We definitely should get away more often!!!

Julie said...

That sounds like a wonderful getaway! Lucky you!