Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Friday morning I got a nice Mother's day gift. As Dallin and Elaine were getting ready for school they are bragging to each other how Mom is going to be in their class today. (I was going to a Mother's Tea at Elaine's at 9:00 and to read a story to the class at Dallin's at 10:00) Then one stated, "Well, I guess its both of our lucky day". I count myself 'lucky' or rather very blessed to have such neat kids. I can't imagine my family without each one of them in it. Yes, that is easy to say right now as they are all quietly tucked in bed :) They've been sweet sharing homemade cards and showering me with hugs and kisses. I know it's sappy, but I love it! Also, Kirt is getting me a bike for a mother's day gift as I've been wanting to go on rides as a family, as well . . .

He made me a key lime pie today-yum! It is a 'raw food' pie, in that the crust is made from crushed up dates, macadamias, walnuts, and coconut. The filling is avocado, limes and honey. To be honest I was a bit nervous to try it, but it was surprisingly delicious. Tastes sweet and limey and good, very rich. It was nice that he took the time and forethought to make something special for me on this special day :)

9 comments:

Jenifer said...

I'm impressed with the pie!! Wow! What cute kids, I dread the day when they don't want me at their school. Happy Mothers Day! We will go on a bike ride soon!

Erin said...

Your kids are great. How nice that they want you at school with them. I can't imagine a pie made of avocado, not sure I would try it.

Shelly said...

looks so yummy! Way to go Kurt! You are always having new foods that look so yummy to try! Happy mother's day to you!

Shelly said...

ps. I make avocado shakes that are so good, so I bet that pie would be amazing

I was raised in a barn said...

I love avocado ice cream so I bet the pie was yummy!! Happy mothers day to you :)

Amy said...

Happy Mothers Day Melody! Glad you had such a nice day.

Ratchfords said...

Happy Mothers Day! Looks like you guys had a fun day! I am a huge fan of key lime pie!

Lori said...

That does look like a great pie. I'm impressed!! Now you just need to get a bike trailer so we can go out together with the kids.

STACEY said...

WOW! the pie looks great! What a neat raw food idea.