Friday, November 9, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Birthdays are good for you.
Statistics show that the people
who have the most live the longest.

I must be getting old as I don't want to admit exactly which birthday it is I'm celebrating today. (34). So far so good. Kirt and I went out to breakfast with Taft and Brigham after Dallin and Elaine went to school--shhh. Anyways I reach for my water and somehow dump the whole cup over which gets on Kirt's pants and everywhere else. As I'm cleaning it up Taft says, "Daddy, I didn't touch it" Too funny. Typically he's the one dumping water everywhere--daily. It has been a nice day though. I got a card(and some moula) in the mail from Kirt's parents and phone calls from my family. We'll do a little presents and dessert later tonight with the kids and then Kirt gets to finish painting the bedroom--that was part of his gift to me. Nothing too fancy, but the little things mean the most--so, thanks all who remembered and made me feel a little special today :)

6 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day.

Jenifer said...

Happy Birthday! I love birthdays! It sounds like you had a great day. I love it when I can use birthdays, or Mothers day to get some painting done! :) Here's to a great year!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday. (And don't worry, you don't look a day over 21!!!) Glad you had a fun day.

Julie said...

Hey Mel! Happy late birthday!!! Glad you had a good one. I wish we lived closer--I would take your kids for the day or something. I guess you'll just have to pretend :) If it makes you feel any better, I keep forgetting how old I am, too. Once you hit 30, it all blends together.

Serena said...

I'm a slacker when it comes to birthdays...but Happy Birthday (late) anyway! I really do check your (and Julie's) blogs regularly, I'm just a bit of a slacker when it comes to posting comments.

Does Dallin still whisper when talking to adults?

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday late!