Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Trip

We spent Thanksgiving this year in St. George, Utah with Kirt's parents and his brother Andy and his family. It was a nice time, but a bit too chilly for our thin Arizona blood. Kirt's parents are serving a mission there so we stayed at an apartment across from the St. George Temple and had a beautiful view out our window. We enjoyed a Thanksgiving feast, hiked around Zions(brrr), went to the temple, saw some Christmas lights, got in a little shopping and just relaxed. On our way down we stopped here to stretch our legs while walking across a bridge spanning the Colorado River, just north of the Grand Canyon.


Dallin, Elaine, and Taft posing for a quick shot after crossing the bridge. We'd been in the car about 5 hours by this time, so I think they were just happy to get out!


After stuffing ourselves at dinner (and on a tasty apple pie Carissa and I made :) and then doing some crafts with the kids, it was nice to just relax in front of the TV for a bit. I think they were switching between a game and The Incredibles. (I was busy flipping through the black friday ads.)


The day after Thanksgiving we went to Zions National Park to hike around a bit. I was surprised how busy it was there actually. But, we found a place to park and walked up to Weeping Rock and The Narrows a bit. It was really pretty, but I was kind of a whiner as it was cold and we weren't prepared to go hiking. Next time, proper shoes, baby backpack, gloves, and warmer clothes for the kids. I am glad though Andy encouraged us all to go, it was a fun excursion!

Strolling around Zions with the cousins takes on a whole new meaning with all these little ones in tow. Dallin, of course walked, but was being goofy here while his little cousin was out on a potty break.

The kids had a great time visiting with Grandma and Grandpa Nelson! And Taft loved his Good 'n Plentys he got from grandpa for the trip home (which he was such a pill until about 10 minutes from home when he finally fell asleep--nice timing). The kids are typically quite good little travelers for the most part. 8 hours later we arrived back in Gilbert with fond memories of our little holiday trip.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hey-I thought I was supposed to be Tafts supplier of good-n-plenties! Taft better not forget about me. Tell him I'll make up for lost time when I see him next.

Erin said...

Looks like you had a fun and cold trip!

Lori said...

Sounds like a good trip, and a quick one, too. Glad it was fun.

Julie said...

Hey, my parents are in St. George too! Maybe we can meet up there sometime! Sounds like a fun way to spend Thanksgiving (your trip, I mean).

sara said...

looks like a great trip...your family is so cute!